Sunday, May 24, 2015

french crepes !



Check this out it easy french crepes ( kr-ape-s)! I got the recipe from Williams-Sonoma's The Cookbook For Kids.  I made it for my mom on Mother's Day. You can top it with berries, powdered sugar, syrup, chocolate spread (like Nutella). It was fun and I loved spreading the filling and topping the crepes. I had my dad help with the pan part. I suggest adult help for this one.  -Nutmeg

Here's how:
Ingredients:
2T butter, plus more for cooking crepes
2c milk
2 large eggs (I used my chicken's eggs)
1 1/2 c flour
1T sugar
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt

1. Melt the butter in a small microwave safe dish on high power for 20 seconds until melted. 

2. Pour the milk into a blender. Crack in the eggs, then pour in the butter. Add flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Blend briefly to mix. Using a rubber spatula, scrape down the sides of the blender. Blend until smooth. 

3. Place a 10" crepe pan or non-stick  flying pan over medium high heat (we used a frying pan, and it worked fine). When the pan is hot, spread a little bit of butter over the pan bottom with a spatula. Pour in 1/3 c of crepe batter all at once. Immediately tilt and swirl the pan of that the batter covers the bottom (my dad did this part).  Cook until lightly browned on the bottom, about 2 minutes.  Using the spatula, scoop under the center of the crepe and carefully flip it. While the second side is cooking, scoop your filling into the center of the crepe. After about 2 minutes, slip the crepe, filling side up, onto a plate. Spread the filling evenly over the crepe and fold into quarters. 

4. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve warm. 

No comments:

Post a Comment